Seeded Flax crackers
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
optional: 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Mix the flour, salt, ground flax, and pumpkin seeds in a bowl or food processor until evenly distributed.
- Add the water and olive oil to dry ingredients until the dough starts to stick together. Press together gently with your hands to form a single ball, and cut into four pieces. Allow the dough to rest for about ten minutes.
- Roll out each piece of dough as thinly as you can on a large piece of parchment paper. If the dough starts to shrink up, let it rest a little longer. You want the dough to get very, very thin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until perfectly golden and brown. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool and get crispy. Smash with your hand or rolling pin to create your chunky cracker pieces.
- Sprinkle Ami Ami all over your dip and crudite and enjoy with crackers.